Journey as a Group
To learn more or start the group journey process,
Read about a recent journey
Did you know that there are twenty-two established UU State Action Networks (SANs) and more forming as we speak (find out if your state has a SAN here)? Did you know that there is a Coalition of Unitarian Universalist State Action Networks (CUUSAN) that acts as a...
What kind of groups can travel together?
We at UUCSJ have group journey options for youth, young adults, adults of all ages, and multigenerational groups!
Why should my congregation/group journey together?
- Traveling as a group can be a powerful experience. You don’t just travel together – you also prepare together, learn together, and think about how to integrate the experience together.
- Sending multiple people from a congregation, school or community on a journey amplifies the impact of the experience. Once home, participants can share their experience with the rest of their community and help deepen their commitment to justice work.
- Visit UUCSJ.org/starter-pack to learn more about UUCSJ values and why you should journey as a group
Where can we go and what justice issue will we learn about?
- Please visit our destinations page to learn more about where our journeys go. Below is a brief snapshot:
How many participants can travel?
- For most programs, we need at least 10 participants for a journey to run and can accommodate 15-18 total.
- If you don’t think you can get 10 people to from your own congregation/community, you can partner with another, neighboring group.
How much will it cost and what is the process for planning a journey?
- We ask for a $1,000 non-refundable deposit to hold specific dates for congregations/groups. This can be paid by the church itself or by individual members.
- Prices for each individual participant will depend on the trip destination and duration.
- Visit uucsj.org/starter-pack/ and download our Journey Process Timeline for more detailed information
We're ready to go, what's next?
Your next step is to get in touch with us at CSJ. You can do that in a few different ways:
- Call us: 617-301-4347
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org