UUCSJ is excited to offer a leadership opportunity with financial support for young adult alumni of our programs or of related UU justice and leadership initiatives at General Assembly!
UUCSJ is looking for four Spark Leaders between the ages of 18 and 24 years old to lead and support engaging justice-centered and youth and young adult-focused programming connected to the all-virtual UUA General Assembly (GA) 2021.
Spark Leaders will be helping spark connections and inspiration by leading and supporting programming and activities centered on activism, education, and justice at and around GA.
Applications due: Friday, March 12, 2021
Skills and Qualifications:
- Willingness to shape and engage in emergent programming with support of CSJ staff
- Availability for GA programming June 23-27, 2021
- Experience with campus, community, and/or social media outreach or organizing
- Interest in online facilitation of interactive spaces that uplift young adult voices
- Enthusiasm to collaborate with other Young Adults @ General Assembly (YA@GA) and affiliated groups of youth and young adults bringing justice-centered programming to GA
- Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression in spiritually-grounded community
- Flexibility, sense of humor, creativity, and desire to build a supportive culture of teamwork
Compensation: GA registration ($200 value) and a $1,500 stipend for up to 10 hours in April, May, and in the lead-up to GA in June 2021, and approximately 30 hours during GA, June 23-27, 2021
In addition to answering the questions below, we also require one reference from a current or past minister, religious educator, youth advisor, teacher, coach or mentor. If you have any questions about this opportunity or the application form, please contact email@example.com.