Immigration Justice: Additional Resources
- Essay by Pamela Brubaker, “Reframing Global Economic Policies,” in Justice in a Global Economy, Brubaker et al. (available as PDF here)
- The Death of Josseline, by Margaret Regan
- “Riding ‘The Beast’” from Alt. Latino at NPR
- The Beast: Riding the Rails, by Oscar Martinez
- David Bacon, The Right to Stay Home: How US Policy Drives Mexican Migration (Boston: Beacon Press, 2013)
- Illegal People: How Globalization Creates Migration and Criminalizes Immigrants, by David Bacon
- Jailed Without Justice Report, by Amnesty International
- American Gulag: Inside U.S. Immigration Prisons, by Mark Dow
- “Fingers to the Bone: United States Failure to Protect Child Farmworkers” Human Rights Watch
- “Blood, Sweat, and Fear: Workers’ Rights in U.S. Meat and Poultry Plants” Human Rights Watch
- A Human Rights Framework for Immigration Reform” Human Rights Watch
- Who is Dayani Cristal, a film by Gael García Bernal and Marc Silver
Recent Immigration Justice Blog Posts
At a time of deepening crisis for immigrants and asylum seekers, the UU College of Social Justice has organized an immersion experience with Cristosal specifically for religious professionals and lay leaders. This journey will help you deepen your understanding of the...
Despite all that we already knew about the profound injustices inflicted on migrants and asylum seekers by current government practices, we have been stunned by the details emerging in news reports during the past few weeks. They document the horrific conditions in...